Sunday, October 14, 2007

Conference Weekend





On Friday night we went to Arts Walk downtown. It was so much fun. I love looking at all the art and going in all the antique shops. The crazy guy selling combs was there again and this year he added an item... a twig. The rumor is next year he will be selling an empty soda can. This guy probably makes so much money selling nothing. He is so hilarious and you could listen to him talk about nothing for hours, I think you can only understand how funny it is if you go listen to him. Lily made best friends with the sweetest dog named Mia, she was so upset when the dog had to leave. Landon had so much fun just watching all the people and being out and about. Then on Saturday night my mom and I took the kids and went to Lady's Night at Deseret Book in Seattle during priesthood session. They give away prizes every ten minutes and have treats it is a lot of fun. Last year we went on accident not knowing anything was going on and I won the grand prize which was a huge framed painting of the Seattle temple, so my mom and I decided to go every year. This year we had a blast but we worked up a sweat chasing Lily around, and I even won a really good CD. While we were up there an industrial plant right off the freeway in Tacoma had a huge explosion. We were able to get home fine by the time we headed back there was just some traffic. It smelled so bad though, and once Lily smelled it she goes "EWWW" really loud and I looked back and she was sniffing her feet trying to decide if it was her feet that smelled so bad. It was hilarious! Conference was really great, I always look forward to it. It is so uplifting and it gives me so much to think about and work on. I am so grateful to have the gospel in my life and to know that the Lord speaks through the prophet to tell us what we need to know.

1 comment:

Rachel and Tyler said...

It looks like you have been having tons of fun. My friend just found a place that turns blogs into books, you will havet o keep yous up to date then you can have a little family journal all done, thats my goal.