Monday, October 22, 2007

Blessing

We finally blessed Landon on Oct. 21st but it was totally worth the wait. Dave's Dad came home and my dad flew in and he also flew in Nichole and Timmy. We had such a fun time that weekend. Lily was so excited for Nichole and Timmy to get here that was all she could talk about. The night before they flew in we were driving somewhere and Lily thought we were going to pick them up and she was so excited. Dave had to explain to her that it wasn't until tomorrow and she had to go to sleep for the night first and then when she woke up it would be time to go pick them up. So she pretended to be asleep and threw in a few fake snores and said lets go get Cole and Timmy. It was so cute how excited she was to see them. We had so much fun while they were here. Nichole and I took the kids to the farmers market on Friday and got our favorite thing ever... crab cake benedict. YUM! Then Timmy and Lily shared a cow cookie which they thought was the best. We tried to take the kids out shopping and that was an adventure. We both left our wallets out in the car and so I went out to the car to go get them. It was pouring rain and I was carrying Timmy and when I lifted up the back gate on the car everything fell out, our diaper bag landed in a puddle and poor Timmy got soaking wet. Lily found a doll that she loved at the store and the lady that owned the store gave it to her, it was so sweet of her, Lily takes it everywhere with her. On Saturday we all went to the zoo together. It was so much fun for the kids to see all the animals and I loved being able to spend the day with my family. Then we went to our favorite Chinese place, which has the BEST hot and sour soup. Then my dad took Nichole and I shopping for some new clothes and totally spoiled us. It was such a fun day! Sunday we blessed Landon. It was such a great blessing and I feel so grateful to have such a sweet baby. A few things that stood out to me in his blessing were that he would have a love for the Lord, be a great example to those around him, and have a great love for learning throughout his life. He wore his cute little tuxedo that Dave bought him and he looked awesome. We went to my moms house after and had a huge lunch with all of the family. Monday we went to breakfast with my mom and we braved the mall with the kids once again. My mom bought Nichole and I a bunch of cute clothes and shoes and we got spoiled rotten again. It was so sad to have everyone leave but I was so glad they could all be here for such a special day. It meant so much to us to have them here.


No comments: