Tuesday, November 20, 2007

the joys of motherhood

Today has been a really fun day! When I say that I am being more than a little sarcastic. It starts off with Lily deciding that she wants to play with my makeup while I am getting ready. She loves to watch me do my makeup and pretend to put on her own. I let her play with the stuff that I think that she couldn't possibly get open. Not only does she get it open but she rubs it all over her face. Then I guess she was wondering if it tasted as good as it looks because she puts a bunch in her mouth. She is still alive so I am guessing it wasn't toxic. I think it is a miracle kids make it past two with all of the things that they decide are a good idea to put in their mouths. We get her mouth cleaned out and I decide to throw her in the tub to get her cleaned up. I was a little distracted and accidentally made the bath water a little warmer than usual so she jumps up out of the water and yells that its too hot, which of course wakes Landon up from his nap. I then spent the next two hours trying to get him to go back to sleep. By the time he finally went back to sleep Lily tells me that she needs to use the potty. I was so proud of her so I take her into the bathroom, she sits on the potty for a while, then nothing happens. She says she is done and runs in the living room and hides behind the rocking chair. I go over to get her to put a diaper back on and she shows me that she has just gone pee on the carpet, so we get that cleaned up and go on with our day. Someone please remind me why potty training is a good idea, I am convinced diapers aren't so bad. Then later the filling falls out of my tooth. GREAT! Just in time for Thanksgiving. I call the dentist who tells me that the office will be closed until Monday. At least Dave loves me and wants me to enjoy thanksgiving. He called around to find a dentist that would fix it tomorrow. Hopefully that goes well. The dentist is always so much fun. I really love being a mom, I am grateful that I don't have to re-live some days, and I am also grateful that God gave us a sense of humor so that at some point down the road even the most stressful days usually seem funny. I think that today might be one of those days.


Lily is trying to help Landon get ready for bed by giving him hugs and helping to give him his medicine.

1 comment:

Rachel and Tyler said...

I need an update! how am i suppposed to see your cute kids if you dont keep this up?